Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 09-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Boombat

EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)
Default Why I gave up being vegan

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41158365

Interesting stories there.

How many of you are Vegan, or switchd back from Vegan?
Does it work, is it a satisfying life-style choice?
Old 09-06-2017, 05:33 AM
Spark Stunk

Vanilla ✜ does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (94)

I don't think I could ever be vegan, I could barely be vegetarian I just love my chicken and beef too much and is one of the small treats I get while on a diet which is much better than grabbing a load of vegan Ice Cream instead.
As for the article, I do actually know quite a few vegans and 4/5 of them are extremely anxious, nervous wrecks who are very vulnerable to mood swings for little to no reason and I firmly believe it is down to their diet.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)

You are what you eat, and I believe the animals I ate were vegan, so must be I.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:57 AM
Spark Stunk

Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)

I am a gluten-free, dairy-free, starch-free, sugar-free, simple carbohydrates-free seagan (vegan+seafood). And I am an entitled arrogant bish because of that.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Gunnr is on a roll now (282)Gunnr is on a roll now (282)Gunnr is on a roll now (282)

I <3 meat. Veganism always seemed a bit too extreme a diet to me. Moderation always has been key for me

Barista cashier: O...k.... $1.85

Old 09-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Zappfly

Spurgumir managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (12)

I hate it when people don't get that we all have different bodies and some people just cant eat all foods.
But on the other hand I can't adress when vegans say their diet is the healthiest one. People have forgotten the balance in their diet. People in the Okinawan island consume mostly vegetables, but they still have meat, fish and poultry few times a week and they have long life expectancy.
But I have always eaten meat with moderation, but I always try to get my meat from smaller farms or from my friends who own animals.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Rabid Fuzzle

Gunnr is on a roll now (282)Gunnr is on a roll now (282)Gunnr is on a roll now (282)

Dont get me wrong, I get that everyones body processes food diffetently due to many factures, in my own family one is allergic to wheat, nut/legume, soy, egg whites and any cow dairy, but goat milk and egg yolk is fine (what sense does that make?) Anyway not easy (or inexpensive sometimes) to accomadate everyone when most of us are used to eating certain things. On the plus we can all eat chicken and my roomy raises those in our yard . In most cases I just think at least a bit of lean meat in your diet may benefit the human body more than in a diet that excludes all forms of it all together. Imo

Barista cashier: O...k.... $1.85

Last edited by Gunnr; 09-07-2017 at 04:22 PM..
Old 09-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Zappfly

Spurgumir managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (12)

I didn't mean to be mean but I always talk a bit like a hothead from this topic, since It has been a close thing to some of my friends, some in good way and some have taken it too seriously and being with them is unbearable .
But I think some of us can agree that we shouldn't go to any extremes with our diet.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7454)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlidyr View Post
I am a gluten-free, dairy-free, starch-free, sugar-free, simple carbohydrates-free seagan (vegan+seafood). And I am an entitled arrogant bish because of that.
But are you truly... free?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:35 AM
Spark Stunk

Vanilla ✜ does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (94)

I did forget to take into account that some people are vegan because they have to be for medical reasons which is fine, know what your body needs to be healthy.
But people do often forget people are different and sometimes just straight up have the wrong idea on what's good and bad.
For example, my partners mum, who's hardcore vegan keeps insisting that I go on a gluten free diet saying that it helps lose weight, I've tried pointing out that because neither of us have "Celiac disease" the amount of gluten I eat will chance nothing and she has no reason to be gluten free either, but I gave up trying to explain it a while ago.
Best advice for what's best for you? Talk to your doctor.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
But are you truly... free?
He's made only from water. Dirty mop water.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:57 AM
Formerly Scrabtrap(wo)man

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)

From a ecological, environmental and humanitarian standpoint, veganism is the way forward. That being said, the proletariat face significant financial barriers to accessing a vegan diet. I personally eat meat a few times a week, but I have plenty of respect for radical veganism.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:49 AM
Fuzzle

Nemin does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (90)

Lab meat! All the taste for zero pain and (possibly) lover costs once it get's going.
People shouldn't live on plants just because "that is right", we are omnivores for a reason.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Formerly Scrabtrap(wo)man

STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)STM is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (5633)

I'm definitely all for lab-grown meat. If we can produce it on a large enough, cheap enough scale, it would provide a solution for people with iron or vitamin deficiencies that don't want to eat meat produced from a living animal.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Boombat

EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)EVP_Glukkon is getting this party started, handsome (488)

I would switch to Lab-Grown Meats if they are an affordable and delicious switch.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:36 AM
Spark Stunk

Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)Xorlidyr is getting this party started, handsome (495)

I have never really cared for ethics in food, anyway, because I used to eat horse a lot in my childhood. I went seagan for health reasons only. And because I hate the taste of pork and beef.

Last edited by Xorlidyr; 09-16-2017 at 02:29 AM..
Old 09-16-2017, 03:24 AM
Sekto's Security Wolvark

Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)Nepsotic is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (3268)

Nobody hates the taste of beef.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:11 AM
Spark Stunk

I hate it. Consider me special.

Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
Bolamite

MrsKJJ is on a roll now (203)MrsKJJ is on a roll now (203)MrsKJJ is on a roll now (203)

Unofficially, I'm red meat free. Kevin and I live on white meat (having red meat MAYBE once a quarter) and we tend to favour chicken in most of our weekly meals. The being said, we are both for lab-grown meats and will be making the switch as soon as they become more available where we live. I don't think mentally or medically I could ever make the jump to vegetarian, let alone vegan. I love the taste of chicken too much ... I've thought about it quite often, and it does cut me up inside, but for now, I'll stay the same.

Ever watched the movie Chicken Run while eating a dinner of chicken? Not a fun time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlidyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddworld Forums Terms & Conditions
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Old Today, 09:46 PM
Zappfly

moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)moxco is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (2081)

From a moral standpoint how does it matter what colour the meat is?

edit: That came off sounding judgmental, I didn't mean it to.

Last edited by moxco; Today at 10:13 PM..